Friday, October 5, 2012

aPad-9: Watch and Read Everything

A Paragraph a Day: Watch and Read Everything

WHAT types of media have you consumed in the last week?

I think that's an important question. After all, our writing is what we eat--experiences we've had whether we lived through, read , watched, or listen to them. I traveled to a place called Watsonville and I wrote an entire novel in a fictional representation of the town. And I've always enjoyed Dragonball Z's "there's always a greater threat" theme. I've used this many a time.

I watched Cabin in the Woods and came up with an idea for a novel. Joss Whedon might not have directed it, but his writing still shines. I've viewed many Chris Rock specials on YouTube, movies The Raid: Redemption and The Five-Year Engagement. I also just finished the first Harry Potter and Anita Blake novels.

OVER this weekend, before you spend your night and morning away at some club or party, consume some media. It's good for the creative brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment