Author Jason Jack, I feel nice and warm inside--what's that all about?
-The warm and fuzzies is a feeling, a positive sensation, and what better week to talk about good vibrations than Thanksgiving week :)
The W and Fs (The Warm and Fuzzies)
W&Fs make us feel comforted and reassured. It may make our stomach have the sought after butterfly feeling and give our faces smiles. We'll be more affectionate and friendly and just overall more positive than without them.
How do we get these wondrous feelings, you ask? They come quite naturally:
- You'll feel them when you're sitting around the dinner table piled with Thanksgiving food, while you eat and share stories with your family.
- You'll feel them the first time you lay eyes on your new born child, the wonder and amazement of the little joy in your hands.
- They'll sneak up on you just a little bit every weekend, Friday after work, or Saturday morning because you know you can sleep in. Have a lazy day.
- The moment you share a kiss with someone you are attracted to and then again when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with that person
- You'll get them on Christmas morning and when you find something unexpected waiting for you--presents, gifts, and love
- Those W&Fs will come when someone does a nice gesture or goes out of the way to make you feel important, needed, wanted. Especially if you're having a crummy day.
- And you'll get them when you smell your favorite food, listen to your favorite band, and read your favorite book
- But most importantly, we'll feel warm and fuzzy the moment we realize every second is a chance to be better, to do more, and to succeed even greater than a second before :) Life is opportunity.
I feel good when it's cold but I'm curled up beneath the warm blankets all snug and cozy, when I'm reading a book in the Fall and I can hear the water pour outside of my window, and whenever an exciting movie, game, or book is released (that I have been waiting ages for) is in my hands.
So . . .
Live life with a positive mindset and truly appreciate all of the moments that make you warm and fuzzy inside. And try to make every second a tingly moment by understanding how amazing it is that we our here, alive, in a shared world--are existence is an amazing thing of hope and the chance to do better.
These good feelings are what helps us move forward and feel positive about life so it's only natural for us to strive to create more of them. Let's all be thankful for them :) I'm feeling warm and fuzzy right now just writing this!
For all of those celebrating Thanksgiving, and for those of you who aren't, I hope you'll all feel good inside and out this coming week. Because, what's life without a little bit of W&Fs?
Until next week, safe trips and travels!
--Author Jason Jack