Wednesday, October 10, 2012

aPad-11: That Time of Year

A Paragraph a Day: That Time of Year

FRANKENSTEIN. Dracula. The Wolfman. All classic Universal Monster movie characters, yet I have never seen the classic movies they're from.

I KNOW. It's that time of the year again when it would be more likely for me to marathon through some old classics. I just watched Young Frankenstein for the first time. Although it's not a "serious" movie, it's a classic in its own right. A Mel Brooks film with Gene Wilder--how could it not be a memorable flick?

I OFTEN look to any medium to find story-flow. Movies are just one of many, and they are a good source to analyze story progression, character development, and overall writing. Just make sure you have fun watching while your'e working :)

No comments:

Post a Comment