Monday, December 16, 2013

Author Jason Jack's 'Year in Review 2013'!

Author Jason Jack here, interneters, with a recap of my posts from this past year.

If you're joining me today, hello!

I'm an author of many books and a positivity advocate. My vision for this blog, since its inception months ago, was to help people smile more, look at the brighter sides of life, and to be stronger. Going forward, I have a lot of different ideas to continue to make this happen :)

Looking behind us, however,  is just as important as looking forward. By looking at the past we can learn from any mistakes we made and improve upon all of our weak spots. The good thing about life is that we have the option to grow from our downturns, and today, I plan to exercise that option by going over my posts from 2013. Ready?

Posts From the Past

9/27/13 Happiness
9/30/13 Taking Control
10/7/13 Success Envy
10/13/13 Excuses
10/21/13 Critiques
10/28/13 Fear
11/4/13 Importance of Positivity
11/11/13 Accomplishing Goals
11/18/13 Over Reliance/Waiting For Others
11/25/13 Warm & Fuzzies
12/2/13 Spend or Save
12/9/13 Risk and Rewards

That's a lot of blogging! And that's only counting my main posts. So, here is what I've learned over the last 12 weeks. I hope it provides those who blog or want to blog with even the slightest of insight :)

What I've learned from writing this blog on a weekly basis is to focus on a single topic. This gives the piece depth, focus, and clarity. It also limits the complexity of any given post.

I've also placed a one hour time limit to write and edit the blog. This ensures I don't ramble on and on, forcing me to be ever more careful with my word selection and train of thought. Restrictions are the lifeblood of high creativity some might say. I say it really helps to narrow in on the topic at hand!

Break up text, create more paragraphs than you feel you need, and bullet point as much as you can for the sake of the reader. This is something I am always aware of while writing. It is something I can approve upon while still being creative with. Large chunks of text are fine for many but for some, it's a tad too daunting. The good thing? Whether the text is broken up or not, there's the same amount of content just easier to read :)

Write about what matters most to you--write about what makes you feel passionate. The easiest posts to write have been the ones that have been closest to my heart. Granted, everything I write about here has meaning to me, but I often find my scheduled blog topic derailed by a situation I find myself dealing with in life.

My Success Envy, Critiques, and Excuses blogs were all formed by real life scenarios and exited my fingertips with passion. My goal moving forward is to find more of these topics. At the very least, I'm thinking about personalizing the blogs with tales from my life where they feel natural. That is, add personal anecdotes when they fit in :)

 And I will always stay true to myself. With that said, I'm going to write about what I want to write about. I have a vision, a mission statement, for this blog, and it's to spread a positive mindset. This blog may not be for everyone, I don't know everything, and I write what I know with an ever malleable mind. I'm open to change and willing to adapt, but I will always try to spread happiness :)

Finally, I've learned to keep on writing with consistency. Every Sunday night/Monday, I write this blog. It may come late Sunday, early Momday or late Monday, but it will come on one of those two days. Keeping a pattern, schedule, rhythm is pivotal in making both good and bad habits. If done wisely, we can all fill our lives with good habits. For me, keeping my writing schedule open but solid is important given my other priorities of life.

So . . .

I learned a lot from my first twelve weeks of consistent blogging. And I plan to only improve going into next year. By looking over my past posts, I was able to pinpoint quite a few elements I wanted to approve upon and others I wanted to continue and refine. Without the past, we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes so hindsight and evaluation is vital to growth and happiness.

To all of you bloggers, writers, readers, interneters, thank you for reading me. I hope I was able to add even a little value to your life for that is what I strive to do :)

Have a safe and happy holidays and a happy new year!

Until next year, keep the positivity.

--Author Jason Jack
(I'm an author of adult and children's books, a positive advocate, and lover of sweets [to my detriment at times]. What you just read is a snip-it of my ever evolving, very malleable philosophy of life based on experience, conversations, and years of studying. If you get anything out of reading my words, I hope it is to think and be positive :)

You can visit him at www.thejasonjack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment