Monday, September 16, 2013

Best Feelings In The World!

Writing provides two of the best feelings in the world for me.

1. Watching people react to my work.

  After finishing my first published work, I gave it to some of my colleagues. Of course there was hesitation on my part, mostly over design choices they didn't even notice: Would they hate the font choices, the cover design, the page numbers. Would they notice how horrible the back cover looked?

  None of them even looked at the back cover. Instead, they maneuvered straight to the inner workings of the book. All of my doubts were in my head, and all of my doubts washed away the moment each one laughed. And smiled. Yes. This was the reaction I hoped for, and it was happening in front of me.

  “A calmness came about my being” is the best way I could describe how I felt when I saw something I created, and poured over for many sleepless nights, make another living being react the way I intended. It was (and still is!) a wondrous feeling with little to no equal.

2. Making a sale while I sleep.

  Just the other week, it happened again. I went to sleep. A daily habit I often wish I did not have to endure so I can be more productive. The next morning, I awoke, ate breakfast, then checked my recent sales. And there it was: I made sales when I was unconscious, asleep, in dreamsville. It was truly amazing to me.

  I've been working hard to do what I love to do while making a living. And I've been doing this for over three years now on a full time basis with the focus on creating quality works at reasonable prices for the consumer. To find that while I was not even writing, or even conscious, I made a transaction was an amazing feeling. I officially turned my love in life (of writing, creating) into something that provides fulfillment emotionally and recently financially. Something I wish more people in this world could do.
*
  The best feelings in the world often come about by doing what you love to do and sharing it with the people you care most about. Satisfaction. Happy. Euphoric. But I wonder how many of you have shared such feelings for accomplishing your goals, dreams, and loves in life.

  For those who haven’t, start taking more risks. As long as you aren't hurting yourselves or hurting others and their property, go out and do what you love to do.

  Be satisfied now, because life is often times too short.
  Until next time.

--Author Jason Jack
              


No comments:

Post a Comment