Wednesday, September 26, 2012

aPad-1: Do it Yourself to Get it Done

A Paragraph a Day: Do it Yourself to Get it Done

TWENTY FOUR HOURS AGO, I wouldn't have guessed I'd come up with a novel idea I'd be finished with a day later. The thing is, no idea is too small. Sure, the word count may not be the length of Tom Clancy novels, but the idea itself is way more important than the page count, the word count, and the arbitrary prestige that comes when writer's write tons. What good is a story, one page or one thousand pages, if the core idea isn't fleshed out to its fullest? Answer: it's nothing.

In the coming days, I hope to share with you the culmination of twenty four hours of work (twelve straight hours of labor on the keyboard with pizza in hand), a project I did not know existed that has now found its way into my heart.

When no one else will write the novel for you, write it yourself. When no one else will do life for you, do life yourself. Don't give up. Just get it done.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment