Thursday, September 27, 2012

aPad-3: The Host with the Most

A Paragraph a Day: The Host with the Most

MOST OF YOU writer's out there in the digital-sphere most likely have a web presence. Facebook? Twitter? Pinterest? Tumbler? YouTube? Etc? Yes!

AND SOME OF YOU  may have blogs and even websites. I started THEJASONJACK.COM two years ago as my official website. It's hosted by the free blogging/website creation site WordPress.com. So far, it has worked for me. I intend on getting a real web host, one day.

THE PROBLEM with hosting services is the upfront fee (usually one, two, or more years multiplied by a monthly rate that has to be paid upfront) I know I don't have in the budget, for the foreseeable future. This made picking a free, but with WAY less customization, "host" a much simpler choice.

WHERE TO START? Do you own your domain name (the "www.yournamehere.com")?

Go to Namecheap.com, GoDaddy.com, or LuckyRegister.com (the most trusted sites, from my experience and research) to buy one. I've used Namecheap for the last two years and never had a problem, although LuckyRegister has killer prices at the moment.

WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, you'll be able to use your shiney new domain at WordPress or most hosting sites. Now, go out and register your domain name, start building a site, and make a name for yourself!

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment