Friday, September 28, 2012

aPad-4: The Importance of Naps

A Paragraph a Day: The Importance of Naps

WHEN I WOKE UP at nine this morning, the first thing I thought about was taking a nap when I got home at 5. Wake'n up just so I can sleep.

I SPENT ABOUT twelve hours yesterday authoring, and I have also been putting in mad hours for the last month or so. When I'm feeling drained, or if I feel I'm in need of a break, I take it. I think that's common sense when pushing yourself creatively, physically, whatever. Take a nap--it's refreshing.

OKAY. Maybe a nap is not the clarity or refresher you need. Maybe, you can relax and recharge by going out with friends, watching a movie, reading a book, playing a game, working out, going to the opera, eating out. The list of things you can do to recharge your brain, and thus your creative mind, is endless.

THE MOST IMPORTANT part of leisure is to let loose and shut off your brain so it can return to proper form. Your stories, your writing, your creative endeavor will be much better for it.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment